Wednesday, March 9, 2011

FOOD: Yams and Sautéed Vegetables

One of my favorite things about being home is my mom's cooking. And the fruit I can't find in Nigeria. And those plantain chips people sell on the street.

Okay, one of my favorite things about being home is the food in general. I'm a huge fan of food. HUGE and so I've taken a picture of everything I've eaten so far. Sure, people gave me weird looks and my grandmother asked my parents what was wrong with me but I take my blogging duties seriously enough to do what I gotta do.

: )
So I was halfway through my meal when I remembered to take photos!

As many of you may know, I don't eat animal products. Friends asked me how I would cope in Nigeria but it really wasn't a problem at all. There are so many different fruit, vegetable and bean dishes that it's hard to feel deprived.

Yam tubers are like potatoes but better in my humble opinion. Here's the Wikipedia page. You can do so much with yams; pounded yam, which is like a denser version of mashed potatoes, is very popular here. And you can find yam powder in the states so it must at least be a little popular over there too : )

My mom sautéed eggplants, peppers, tomatoes and onions for me. Thanks Mom!

Yummy : )

No comments:

Post a Comment