Saturday, March 12, 2011

Myth Busting: A Trip to Africa Means Bananas and a Hut. And a Lion.


You may be asking yourself, what the hell is Juwon talking about here.

I just wanted to show you guys that there are quite a few different different ways to experience Africa, the continent.

I'm sure for a lot of people, the appeal of going to an African country is the thought of being out in the wild, with the wild animals, and the wild people.

Wild. Grrrr.

But you see, not every african country has a "safari experience". For those of you who refuse to visit me when I move (Shereise) because you're afraid you'll have to rough it, I'm here to school you.

If you choose to forgoe staying with my family, there are plenty of hotels to choose from that are just as good as hotels in those fancier countries.

Since the events sometimes ended at 12:00 am during AMFW, I decided to stay on the island instead of going back to Alagbado. I'd like to thank everyone, including my uncle, for making my stay at the Federal Palace Hotel so enjoyable.

If you guys ever find yourself in Victoria Island, I recommend you stay there. Besides having fantastic facilities, the staff is incredibly helpful and just plain nice.


I was so tired by the time the night was over, I just passed out.

After inhaling a can of Pringles from the mini bar.



Okay, so this is either as cool as I think it is or I just need to get out more. I took a shower in the morning and when I came out there was a part of the mirror that didn't fog up because of the steam.



Right in front of the sink too. How cool is that? I was able to apply my makeup without having to wait for the mirror to clear up.




I think it's because of that thingy attached to the tub.



I would have loved to watch TV but there really wasn't much time. I did, however, really enjoy having steady internet service in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment