Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Not Mandatory but Freaking Good: Santigold



Okay so this is old news by now but I don't really care. Raise your hand if you know who Santigold (formerly Santogold) is.

If you don't know who she is, that's okay. If it wasn't for Pandora.com, I wouldn't know who she was either.

I personally have never been one of those cool people who just have an ear for new music. My ass is still jamming to music from the 90s.

Anyway, Santigold is this amazing amazing AMAZING singer/songwriter who has been rocking my world since I moved to New York. Her sound is a little funky and most of her music will make you want to dance. But to be honest, I haven't heard a song I didn't like.

Bottom line, her music is gooooood.

I'm excited for her because she was recently signed to Jay-Z's Roc Nation management. Now Santigold has the opportunity to reach even more people with her music which is great because some of the music being released right now stinks worse than a diaper left out in the sun.

I can't wait to hear some new music from her but until then, check out SOME of my favorite Santigold songs.











It's that serious people.

No comments:

Post a Comment