I was never one of those girls who had this tight group of girlfriends I went to with all of my problems. I figured since I lucked out in the family department, I didn't get that. So there was never a Samantha to my Carrie, never a Thelma to my Louise, a Christina to my Meredith.
You get the picture.
Anyway, it was okay because I had my sisters and brother.
But then we all grew up and my siblings moved and started hanging out with their friends and I was kind of alone to fend for myself.
Luckily for me, I met some awesome people and slowly this world was opened up to me where I had girls and a few guys (hi Brandon) who I could talk to and laugh with and get a little tipsy with once in a while.
While I couldn't ask for a better family (they are truly the best group of people a girl like me could ever ask for), I have now been blessed in the friends department too. I can count some of the greatest women as friends.
I'm so lucky : )
Now that I'm without my favorite ladies and alone in New York (boo), I appreciate them so much more and I really miss having them around.
Instead of moping about it, I just want to say thank you for:
- sitting through The Hills, Gossip Girl, the Real World and all the other awful shows I enjoy watching. You guys never judged me by my ridiculous taste in television.
- letting me convince you that we can't watch a movie without cookies. Or cake. Or alcohol.
- convincing me that we can't watch a movie without cookies. Or cake. Or alcohol.
- letting me sleep over when I was too tired to drive home.
- baking me cakes for my birthday.
- waking me up (no matter how much I protested) and reminding me to take out my contacts.
- taking me dancing.
- eating one of my vegan meals. Actually none of you ever really ate the whole thing. Still...
- staying up with me and listening to me talk about HIM for the millionth time.
- laughing with me about everything and nothing and the absurdity of it all.
I love my girlfriends and I miss them.
What do you want to thank your favorite girls for?