Monday, April 19, 2010

JMO: Child Abuse

I read this article earlier in the week about Monique's brother. He was recently on Oprah and finally admitted he abused her when she was younger.

He said sorry.

He said he was on drugs at the time and a victim of abuse himself.

Here's the article.

I'm sorry. I have absolutely no remorse whatsoever for those who hurt children. I am human meaning I am imperfect and as a Christian, I should be able to forgive those who fall short but I have no room for "understanding" when it comes to kids.

Some believe people are products of their upbringing. I agree to an extent. But there comes a time when people can no longer let their pasts dictate their futures.

Rise above.

As far as pedophiles and sexual abusers go, I'm of the opinion that if they use it they should lose it.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that a bit harsh?
    "As far as pedophiles and sexual abusers go, I'm of the opinion that if they use it they should lose it"

    I'm happy for the person monique has become after that. A message to d rest of the world

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I really don't think it is. I truly believe castration is an appropriate punishment for sexual abuse.

    ReplyDelete