Thursday, April 22, 2010

Do You Fake A Natural Look?

I was reading this interesting post about women in the industry who go bare at work.

I'm talking about no makeup.

Duh.

There was a time when the most makeup I wore was mascara. That was until I was preparing for my first industry event and my boss asked me to "do something" about my face. To be honest, I'm not that big on makeup. I wish I could get away with not really wearing any.
I wish I had the type of skin that I could wear naked. But alas, I was given a face prone to acne.

Tis my lot in life.


While I'm not a Joy Bryant,


I certainly don't feel the need to be a Kim Kardashian.


So I go for my "natural but not really look".

These are the products I use.

Bare Minerals
Maybelline XXl Pro
Lip Balm and lipgloss
Brown Eyeshadow
Clear Mascara for eyebrows

Does anyone else have a "faux natural" routine?

3 comments:

  1. awww u r so pretty Juwon, i like that u can't tell you use makeup..... i only use lip balms and lipsticks and if i remember i use powder...if i ever use make up my friends are around and do them for me...i reckon i'll go natural all my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do this all the time. Need to buy another clear mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Neefemi : ) You're skin is flawless; you don't need to do anything else!

    @ Alligator Legs: Welcome! Yeah, clear mascara is the best thing ever. Especially if you're like me and you have unruly eyebrows : )

    ReplyDelete