Friday, March 22, 2013

Let Me Introduce You To Some Of My Friends

Once upon a time, I worked as the freelance Healthy Beauty Awards assistant at Self magazine. It was a fun, fun time (and by fun I mean stressful as fuck).

I learned a lot and tried lots of new products and met some awesome ladies who happened to be my co-workers.

Two years later, Johanna, Pia and Runa (and Keli who I met through Pia and Runa) are still some of my favorite people on the planet.

And they're also my personal beauty gurus. Pia did my eye makeup in the bathroom of some club in Bay Ridge once because I looked so plain-jane-blah. I think it was Bay Ridge. I'm not sure where we were. Blame it on the alcohol, I'm a lightweight.

They also keep it real. Like the time Johanna told me my all-natural deodorant was NOT working.

If that's not friendship, I don't know what is.

Check out their sites: Mamalatinas.net (http://articles.mamaslatinas.com/blogger/37/johanna_ferreira)

Xovain.com (http://www.xovain.com/author/pia-and-runa)

No comments:

Post a Comment