Saturday, February 26, 2011

Smothering my Parents

The 26th was my first full day back in Nigeria. I woke up next to my parents which was really really nice.

And I slept with them the whole time I was there.

Don't judge me.

I'm usually a head case the first few days back. I go everywhere they go, even following my mom into the bathroom as she pees. My dad's going to put on the generator, I'm going with him. It's not that they're not capable of doing the same tasks they've done without me around for years; I just want to look at them. Being away for so long sucks in a way a lot of people can't imagine. My parents don't live in another state, they live in another country and it's not always easy to see them.

So I hover. Is it normal to sit on the toilet as your mom bathes? I dunno. Do I kind of feel like I'm regressing mentally? Eh, maybe. Do I care? Not really.

So I have a question for those in a long distance relationship with family; do you guys smother them when you visit?

Luckily for me, my parents don't mind me crawling into bed with them. And I dutifully told them they could tell me to get lost if they wanted to have some daddy/mommy time.

: )

No comments:

Post a Comment