Sunday, February 19, 2012

Revisiting The Wedding Planner

Guess what was on Universal Channel on Valentine’s Day and again a few days later? “The Wedding Planner”! Did you know Jennifer Lopez was the first woman to have the number 1 movie and the number 1 album in America at the same time? If you ask me, the album wasn’t bad (if you like that sort of thing). The movie, on the other hand, was shit. Plain and simple. I re-watched it for the first time in years and I couldn’t believe how bad it was. I couldn’t believe Jennifer Lopez and Matthew McConaughey starred in it.

Was it always this bad or has my taste gotten better with age?

Something you should know about me: I’m not the biggest romantic comedy fan. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll watch it on TBS on a Saturday when I’m deep-conditioning my hair. But I will never pay to see a romantic comedy in a theater because I can’t justify sitting an hour and a half through a movie I haven’t seen before when I know how it’s going to end. Am I alone in this?

I get that I’m a minority when it comes to rom-coms. People are happy watching the same story over and over. For instance, Yemi loves romantic comedies; the more formulaic they are, the better. She has also seen every movie that has been adapted from a Nicholas Sparks book.
 

What does a romantic comedy need to not make you want to gag? For me it has to be funny as hell and not in a Katherine Heigl movie kind of way.

What about you guys?

2 comments:

  1. congrats to getting married using wedding planner for a best romantic weddings. the wedding have lot of joy and well enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are your vids!!?? Wedding planner? Really. And why is John congratulating you??

    ReplyDelete