Wednesday, January 18, 2012

When in Rome...

Re-runs of this? FML.
When you’re living in a different country, it’s important to be able to adapt and embrace your new environment.  When in Rome, don’t be the douchey American who brings his own utensils to a restaurant.

But when it comes to television, I just can’t. Because I’ve tried watching Nigerian television shows and I’m rolling my eyes so much, I look like I’m having a seizure.

The truth is, a lot of the shows here suffer from repetitive storylines, bad acting and even worse editing. I can deal with one of these issues but not three at the same time.

So I’m incredibly thankful for cable. It’s a luxury that I couldn’t afford on my own in the states but my parents are smart people; they bribed me into staying longer with the promise of cable television and all the cherimoya I can eat.

We have DSTV’s Family package so I don’t get MNet, which sucks (that channel shows “Glee”, “Grey’s Anatomy” and other shows I actually watch). But since we rarely have light during the day anyway, it’s not that big a deal.

What we do get is the Universal Channel, home of “Two and a Half Men”, “CSI” and every other crime/ law/ police drama that’s ever been on TV as well as B movies Lifetime wouldn’t air. On the bright side, “House” airs on Tuesdays at 8:50 pm. I’m down.

MNet Series Africa airs “The Bachelor”. Yesssssss! It’s two seasons behind but I may watch it anyway. Season 1 of “Parenthood” comes on at 8 on Sundays. “The 9 lives of Chloe King” and “Hellcats” air on Mondays. I tried watching Chloe King on Netflix one day. It was unusually bad. “Being Human” comes on after that though and I’ve wanted to watch it. Has anyone seen that show?

SCORE! “The Office” comes on right after “Friends With Benefits” (another show I wanted to check out) on Tuesdays.

“Switched at Birth” comes on Thursdays and “Person of Interest” on Fridays.

Do you think less of me since I'm putting together a schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment