Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year!


Greetings from Nigeria readers! I’m starting 2012 in a different country and have spent the last week eating, catching up with family and doing all the things I usually do when I’m on vacation. But this trip home is a little different from others as I mentioned (click here) because I’m not visiting for a few days; I’m going to be here for a few months. Since I don’t want to be a lazy fuck who sits on my ass all day and gets fat, my vacation is over. I’m rested, my blackberry service is up and running and I’m ready to start some sort of a normal schedule.

So I told myself I wasn’t going to do this because my time could be put to better use but I’ve spent the last four hours trying to stream an episode of “The Vampire Diaries” on my laptop.


Pathetic.

January is kind of a big deal for the TV addict. Last week shows started airing new episodes and I’m missing everything! I’m missing mid-season premieres and series premieres. I’m missing Twitter convos and EW.com and Gawker.com recaps because I REFUSE to go on any sites that may have spoilers. I’m missing phone conversations about “Revenge” with Johanna and texts to Viv about every ridiculous reality television show airing because she gets as much pleasure from seeing people act stupid as I do. Don’t get me started on missing “The Bachelor”. I know it’s shit but it’s shit I enjoy and my Monday nights feel so empty without it.

So I’m up trying to stream an episode of TVD just so I know I can.

I know people live without American television all over the world and they are happy human-beings but I can’t help but feel incomplete now.

I know. Pathetic.

How has 2012 been for you so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment