Saturday, October 19, 2013

Best. Summer. EVER.

Okay, I know summer has been over for a few months now and we're fist-deep in Fall right now.

Is anyone really surprised that it's taken me this long to update? I am the worst blogger on the planet, possibly the universe.

But I'm back now and that's all that matters. So much has happened since I last posted, I don't even know where to start.

I traveled. A lot. I visited family in Connecticut, New York and Orlando. I went on a girls trip to Las Vegas. On our way back to Nigeria, Mom and I spent an epic day in Dubai.

It's been great so far.

I got back to Nigeria in July and I realized how screwed I was. My summer vacation was over but I wasn't ready to say goodbye to airports and different time zones.

I had the traveling bug.

My inner-explorer had awakened and I was nowhere near done seeing and experiencing the world around me. So I went to Abuja to visit one of my best friends. And earlier this month, I went to Antigua to visit another one of my best friends.

It's been an amazing 6 months and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to see what I've seen. Now I'm back in Nigeria for a while which is nice. I missed my mom and the routine of my life as a settler. The nomad lifestyle is fun but if you're an unfocused hot mess like me, it can be hard to get stuff done without the lists and rituals. It's also really easy to go broke fast when you're buying plane tickets all the time.

I would be lying if I said I was completely done with cool trips to different places. I am mentally planning a trip to Europe next summer. I just haven't figured out how this is going to happen without me robbing a bank.

I'm home now, still working on the book that I can't really talk about and something else that I can't talk about yet.

There are a lot of changes going on right now which is scary but that's been the story of my life for a while.

I'mma just go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment