Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Nigeria's Voodoo Culture


"Curses only have power when you believe in them”

One of the things that has been floating around since my dad died are rumors that someone killed him with Nigerian voodoo. So I’ve had relatives tell me to watch what I eat and be careful what I tell people about my wherabouts and just general weirdness. The really sad thing is, I’m so used to stuff like this, it’s not weird to me.
Side note: I’ve been watching Practical Magic a lot lately. It's one of my favorites (Nicole Kidman's face!!!!!) I love this movie so much and since I’ve seen it so many times, I don’t really have to focus that much on it to enjoy it.  

One of my favorite quotes is  "Curses only have power when you believe in them”. 

Don't ask me why. I don't know why.
 
So I wonder, does o juju (voodoo) only have power when someone believes in it?

What do you guys think?


1 comment:

  1. Girlllll, these are real questions. I'm in agreement with you but I see some things and I'm like...I hope this ish is a hallucination! But sometimes I don't know...the world is funny. Carry your bible, be good to people and pray for that good Karma 'cause you never know.

    ReplyDelete