Friday, December 9, 2011

The 5 Best Commercials of 2011

As 2011 comes to an end, it's nice to look back and make "Best of the Year" lists. Since I spend so much time watching television and I don't have a DVR, I watch a lot of commercials. Here - in my humble opinion and in no particular order - are the five best commercials of 2011.

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Commercial: This commercial makes me laugh, without fail, every single time I watch it. You have this cop talking to a class during career day and this kid (who is better than some actors twice his age) is just so smug when the police come to take his dad away later.

The Force: Volkswagon 2012 Passat Commercial: This commercial premiered during the Superbowl along with commercials that featured crazy graphics and Ozzy Osbourne. But if you ask me, this one was the best. It was simple and cute and something everyone could relate to (Star Wars is universally known even if you're not a nerd).

2012 Honda Pilot Commercial While Ozzy's commercial with Bieber wasn't as funny as people (by people I mean me) expected it to be, Honda's little tribute to the rockstar with an Acapella version of his song "Crazy Train" was kinda perfect once again proving sometimes it's better to keep it simple. Click here for the extended version.

* How much do we love the random black kid?

Microsoft "Dog.PPT" Commercial : When I was a kid and I wanted a dog, I sat my parents down and read them a little essay that I worked really hard on, which highlighted all the reasons why having a dog would benefit them. This kid used a powerpoint presentation. Who got the dog? It wasn't me.

We've all tried to convince our parents to give us something at some point. Microsoft took that universal experience and gave us a commercial everyone could chuckle at.

Chevy True Stories "My Dad's Car" Commercial: I am totally that ridiculous sappy bitch who will cry at a commercial. But before you judge me, know that I have standards. A Kay Jeweler's commercial isn't going to do anything but make me change the channel. Or throw up in my mouth.

But this Chevy commercial makes me a little teary-eyed every time I watch it. Because that Chevy Impala is beautiful and because these are real people. And who wouldn't want to do something that awesome for a loved one?

Anyway, those are my favorites; what are yours? Is there a commercial I didn't include that you think should be on the list for the best in 2011?

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I cried for the Chevy commercial and love all the others. Great selection.

    ReplyDelete