Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dang, You Smell Good Gurrrrrrrrl

I’ve always wanted to be a smelly girl.

Now when I write smelly, I don’t mean New York in the Summer smelly; I mean Oh Wow, She Smells Lovely, Is That Chanel smelly.

People, I am talking about perfumes or eau de toilettes. I see a delicate bottle of perfume and I think of my glamorous mother getting ready for a party. I automatically associate it with being a woman. I mean check out Monica Belluci in that Dolce ad. There's my proof right there.

I’ve never really worn perfumes or sprays but I think it’s time for a change. I am, after all, a college graduate now. I’m legally allowed to drink in public, I have bills. I’m a woman dang it. I want a signature scent. My mother has a scent. My older sisters have scents; I want one toooo (stomps feet and sucks thumb).

Here’s the problem: I have a sensitive nose so I can’t wear anything that’s going to bring on the sniffles. Does anyone have recommendations for a light spray/ perfume that smells clean but not like soap, pretty but not too girly, kind of sexy but not desperate?

How did you find your signature scent?

4 comments:

  1. thing is i'm exactly like you - i have no signature scents and perfumes make me sneeze but i do recommend any Lancome perfume - very nice, it lasts and doesn't make me sneeze - also i really like Britney Spears, yes Britney Spears they r surprisingly very good...now if only i can be bothered to use them.... good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girlie! I'll definitely try them out : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Vera Wang's Princess. It has a light, sweet (but not too sickly sweet)flowery smell and isn't overpowering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that was a good one. I just love their ads with Camille Belle and Zoe Kravitz : )

    ReplyDelete