Saturday, March 31, 2012

Getting Peed On By Dad and Other Misadventures of March

So Arise Magazine Fashion Week happened but I had to leave early. That was pretty much the beginning of the worst month ever.

See my dad's been sick and while I was on the island with the models, designers and fashion bitches, his health got worse.

March marked a lot of firsts. I stayed overnight in a Nigerian hospital for the first time, my father cried in front of me for the first time, and he peed on me (accidentally). It's been quite the bonding experience.

Dealing with my father during his sickness has been like dealing with a child. Except this child remembers he's the adult that brought me into this world at the most inconvenient times. When that happens, I'm the recipient of a verbal beating that would land most people in therapy.

When it comes to life I try to not take things too seriously (hence the haha tone in this post) but I'm not going to lie, it's been tough.  I'm thankful to God for my family right now. When shit hits the fan, we always manage to laugh while we're cleaning up the mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment