Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Costume Institute Gala 2011

I look forward to the Costume Institute Gala like it's my birthday; I love seeing Hollywood's stars rub elbows with New York's fashionistas, athletes and other people I'm not cool enough to know.

With that said, this year's gala (“Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty”) was kind of underwhelming to me. I didn't really love anything I saw save for a few outfits.

*Tears* It was so sad.

Okay, it's really not that serious. But this year's gala did leave me with a resounding "meh". Maybe I just have too much on mind to really appreciate anything. Either way, I found most of the outfits either incredibly safe and boring or incredibly ugly.

Let me stress that this is my opinion; I'm sure everyone has their favorites. But I like what I like.

Check out MY favorite look of the night.

No surprise here. Anyone who reads my blog regularly knows that I LOVE pretty much everything Diane Kruger wears.
I don't know what kind of juju she works, but she always wears outfits that work for her. She never looks like she's trying too hard or trying to follow trends.
Kruger wore Jason Wu with Van Cleef & Arpels jewels and a Jimmy Choo clutch.

Kruger with her dapper beau, Joshua Jackson. Hi baby!

Here were some other looks that caught my attention that night:

Shalom Harlow, in Marchesa, with Harry Winston jewels.
Kerry Washington, in Escada, with H.Stern jewels and a Swarovski clutch.
Chanel Iman, in Dolce & Gabbana.
Solange Knowles in Dries Van Noten. Please ignore the tranny makeup!

That is all.

Check out style.com, wonderwall.com and fashionbombdaily.com if you want to see what everyone from Lea Michele to Kanye West wore. Those are the sites I got the photos from.

No comments:

Post a Comment