Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Goodbye Summer: Part 1






Labor Day has passed and a new school year starts. Though the weather lingers, summer is pretty much over. Even though I look forward to Sweater Season like it’s a holiday, it’s so hard to say goodbye to lazy days and shorts. And I can’t let the summer end without writing about the many amazing things I got to do. From concerts to hours spent at museums and yummy restaurants; I want to take this week to share my favorite moments from the summer of 2010.

Getting My Culture On: Museum Visits with Dave and Jesus

I feel no shame in admitting how lonely I am in New York City without my friends. People can live in one of the most exciting places in the world but if they don’t have partners in crime to share it with, they might as well live in Nowhere, USA.

So my roommate and his boyfriend took pity on me (or I guilt-tripped them) and let me tag along on some of their excursions this summer. Some of my favorite moments from this summer have been with them, going to the American Woman exhibit at the Brooklyn museum and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, checking out the Brooklyn Pride festival or just having dinner and talking.

With Dave and Jesus moving in together in October, I'll have to content myself with many visits to their sweet digs in Prospect park.

I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment