Monday, May 4, 2009

Bands that rocked and still do



No Doubt managed to make my whole day yesterday! They were the latest musicians to perform for the Today’s show Toyota Concert Series. I knew they were back together but actually seeing them perform made it real. It looks like this is the year of old school tours. With Britney touring as I write this and Michael Jackson prepping for his moon walking return, it seems everything old is new again. And with Green Day and Blink 182 prepping for their comebacks, it looks like I’ll be doing my happy dance for a while. What’s even better than bands that that used to rock? Bands that used to rock and still do! No Doubt performed “Spiderwebs” and “Don’t Speak” and they KILLED it. Seeing Gwen Stefani rock some Bantu knots and jam old-school made my heart flutter. No one pulls off California skater girl quite like Gwen and red lipstick never looked nearly as hip until she came on the scene. Don’t get me wrong, I love Gwen Stefani the solo artist but nothing touches No Doubt in my eyes. It’s nice to know they still got it.

2 comments:

  1. yesss. this just made my life. i loveeed no doubt. and i especially love the fact that they look exactly the same as they did in the 90's. i feel like the clip is actually circa '94. aweosme.

    ReplyDelete